Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ich Liebe Wurfsendung

I ran a meeting at the HQ of the EBU (European Broadcasting Union) in Geneva last week, to kick of a creative audio project involving 6 member countries (UK, France, Germany, Croatia, Russia and Hungary) and thought I should share the latest on the form in Germany. Deutsche Kultur make these fantastic shorts called Wurfsendung, which play out as commercial breaks without the commercials. To be honest, ahem, the Wurfsendung were my main inspiration for getting involved in short-form drama, showing me just what you can achieve in with short duration (maximum 45 seconds!) content. They started by using radio commercials producers but now it's done mostly in-house.

For those of you who are, like me, linguistically challenged there is now a section with English translations. Well worth a look.

http://www.dradio.de/wurf/index.php/en/Home/Information

No comments: